Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Shoebox Tuesday

For today's shoebox project decided to do something quick and easy. Well it wasn't neither quick or easy LOL I picked the paper I wanted, the kind that is pretty but not card making friendly because the design is big, anyway, cut it to the size I wanted then cut my vellum paper and embossed with Versamark and fine line embossing powder my message from the botanicals for you Sale-A-Bration set and that's where the problem started. I hate embossing as it's messy and because I don't emboss I only have VersaMark so have to use colored embossing powder and even using the embossing buddy I got flakes everywhere after 5 tries only one came out good enough for me so gave up the embossing


So decided to use StāzOn ink, don't like this ink because it stains the stamps but since I was using vellum other inks don't work as well. The image wasn't coming out nice and clear so again after several attempts was getting discourage. Used a black marker to kind of fixing the imperfections so it was good enough but not perfect


My last attempt was using a black Sharpie marker on top of the already stamped image and then used glossy accents which was my best result BUT that meant I had to write over the image twice which was pretty hard on my hand. One with the Sharpie let it dry a bit and the other with the glossy accent and let it dry a while.


finally I added some proxy dots

No comments:

Post a Comment