Saturday, March 1, 2014

Inchies and more

In one of the yahoo groups we are having a mingle (most of you know it as swap) with the theme inchies or twinches. When this art came out it was only inchies if I recalled it right Karen Lockhart introduced it in this area. It means art in a perfect 1" square, either on cards or just for exchange just like ATC. You're supposed to do the base on a matboard  or anything sturdy but guess at the end as long as it's done in the perfect measurement while using it as part of a card it doesn't matter much how is done if you are doing it as exchange they do have to be sturdy.

As time went by, other pieces of art were created and depending on their size or shape the name was different I only know 4 sizes don't now if there are any more. The other sizes I know are Twinchies which is art on a perfect 2" square. Betwinchies which is art on a perfect 1-1/2" square and last is Rinchies, this is art done on a perfect 1" circle. Personally I had only done inchies but I decided to make a twinchie for my mingle.

Here are some samples I did with my inchies. I always used them on cards as I don't collect them just like I don't collect ATC. If someone sends me any not on a card I will put them along with the ATCs I have gotten over the years. Except for the lighthouse all others were with Lockhart Stamps and prismacolored pencils as I made them with Karen Lockhart. The lighthouse was done at a make & take at Friends and Company which is now closed for business. Karen used to come often for demos & classes.






I made this twinchie card using the spot technique. Seems like I don't use my house mouse stamp lately. Before it was either house mouse, Snoopy or Penny Black hedgehogs what I used. I colored with Copic Markers.



No comments:

Post a Comment