Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's Day

For us Valentine's Day is a bittersweet day as we celebrate the anniversary of my youngest sister's death, this year is the second year without her.

I love making fun fold card and when I say Rachel Tessman's star card I had to try it. I don't have lots of DSP but had one that liked the flowers and Bret doesn't mind if I give him flowers as he always says as long as I make the card, he loves anything I make. If you like to see her tutorial, please check her out here 

I used an old SU petal promenade DSP for the main star fold then decided that I wanted a heart shape so die cut 4 of the scallop heart set by PPP two were attached back-to-back in full the other two just the frames were attached to another frame cut out of fresh fig cardstock stamped the message with Valentine's Day lovely legs set by Colorado Craft Company with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink on the full hearts then attached the frames. Attached to card as a pop-up element. When making this card again would make the pop-up element a note card as there is no place to write a personal note


it folds flat for mailing and as long as you don't put too much embellishments you should be find with one oz postage but this one due to my pop-up element it does require the extra 44 cents IF I was mailing but since it's for Bret doesn't matter. Also, if you notice when watching Rachel's tutorial my card it's a bit different but no one would notice the difference unless you point it out



No comments:

Post a Comment