Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Bestie Valentine's with Pam

Took a workshop with Pam Boedeker educator from Altenew called Bestie Valentine’s coloring with alcohol marker. The workshop was mainly coloring with alcohol markers but she did show 3 cards to make with the images although in class there was only time to color two images. I used Copic markers for my images and used tulip bouquet by HA and matching frame cuts die first stamped with Memento tuxedo black.

For first card decided to color each flower different color as I hadn’t colored in a while so I could use more markers. For the leaves had started with G14 but turned out it was dry and didn’t want to mess with refilling so just switch to YG06, G19, G16 for the tulips BV000, BV02, BV04, BV08, V91, V93, V95, V99, Y11, Y15, Y17, YR12, R12, R14, R17, R59, BG05, BG07, BG09, BG49 then restamped with VersaFine Clair nocturne and die cut. Normally I die cut first but since I wasn't sure what we were doing when she said we had to stamp 3 images I stamped them without thinking but all worked out well. Then Die cut from nesting hearts infinity dies by HA a full black heart and white heart then did two frames in black which glued together then glued everything onto layer putting the stems of the flower in between the full hearts and frame as if the flowers were coming out of the heart. Also, added some white gel pens for high lights. Since haven't decided if I'll use it for Valentine's or anniversary just added a love from timeless sentiments dies set by Altenew




for my second and last card, decided to make it shaker card. Pretty much the same as the card above except embossed the white layer with organic linen one-of-a-kind 3D embossing folder by Altenew, my coloring was leaves same colors YG06, G19, G16 for the tulips decided to do every other with V20, V25, V22, V28 and V12, V09, V06. 

Die cut from nesting hearts infinity dies by HA six frames in black maybe more which glued together then glued to panel and an acetate heart except for two frames which I glued together on top of the acetate and added the stems of the flowers in between the acetate and hearts frame as if the flowers were coming out of the heart. Again, didn't know what I'll be using it so added same message






2 comments:

  1. Yara, these came out so beautifully! The coloring is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete