Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween

This is an alternative to paper pumpkin September 2020 Hello Pumpkin. Did can't remember what is the name of this fold but it's very simple although on my first card I did it wrong I guess as I was doing it by memory kind-a-sort-of remember how the card was but forgot the bridge part went on the front not on the back LOL I wanted it with acetate still worked out just different to the tutorial I had seen. I don't remember if measurements are the same but oh well it worked out one way or another.

Used an A2 120 lb. card base of Accent Opaque Digital International Paper cover Smooth white cardstock, Park Lane 110 lb. smooth black solid core cardstock with 1/16” border then 80 lb. white cardstock; added a masked of a 1-3/8" circle and blended Tim Holtz distress ink fossilized amber, carved pumpkin & rusty hinge and ground espresso with blending brushes. Then removed the mask and went over with the first brush without adding ink. I grabbed one of the leftover pieces of the double-sided printed cracker box from kit I had and used it as a fence and put the printed black die cut with a cherry red jewel sticker from MB. To Make the bridge I use acetate and the message is from the kit’s set hello pumpkin with VersaFine Clair nocturne 




For this card which I made a week later, I actually watch the tutorial and saw I made the bridge the wrong way, not that my way is wrong just not the same so decided to make this "their way" since I still had some ephemera leftover from the kit. Again A2 card base the same, then cut my layers of green, orange, and the pumpkins background paper by American Crafts The color of Memories leaving 1/16” border for my pieces except for center I cut my layer with 1/8” border. I did my bridge piece with white, green and orange scraps of cardstock same as the side and then added my printed pumpkin and witch hat die cut from kit. I stamped the witch’s broom stamp by Lockhart Stamp Co. with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink.



oldest grand-daughter stopped by with mom & friend trick or treating always fun seeing what she'll be dress of. Both her and her friend dressed similar. Can't believe how tall she is and only 13!! 


youngest grand-daughter also stopped by with her parents, always a surprise I think is always something to do with Disney







2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the family! I love the layout of this card! Perhaps you can show me how to do this fun fold or send the link? Thank you, Yara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Traci. Let me know when you want to Zoom to make this one

    ReplyDelete