Friday, October 27, 2023

Happy 60th!!

Today my brother had the gift of turning 60 one not everyone has, to reach this milestone and the blessing to celebrate another birthday! I were lucky to see him this summer so I took this birthday with us as I don't trust the post office in general here or in México to deliver 3D cards anyway for his card I decided to make the fold I have been enjoying making at the time.

Wasn’t sure what I wanted other than obviously a fun fold and I have enjoyed Honey Bee Stamps layered birds dies so picked the owl and the popup bridge card. So simple to make big impact when receiving.

Used Accent Opaque Digital International Paper 120 lb. cover smooth white cardstock for the card base, then added cloud scrapbook paper I had. The lovely layers owl was part of my class Crop & Create and used scraps of papers to die cut the pieces. For one of the wings used Tim Holtz distress ink hickory smoke, for one of the head pieces black soot and for the eyes spiced marmalade. Since the owl had to be on something found a tree die and die cut 4 layers because the owl didn’t go across the bridge used acetate and was able to glue the tree trunk to my liking. For the 60 used 2 layers of white and 1 of black using die set whimsy U/L/N/P by Spellbinder. 



for the back, because I don't like the personal message to show I do a notecard and use magnets for the closure.


it does fold flat but requires extra postage but because it was for my brother and do be hand-delivered by his son IF he doesn't lose or forgets LOL I put it inside a clear card box





No comments:

Post a Comment