Saturday, October 1, 2022

Happy CardMaking Day

 Today is a day for us, card makers. I spent the day watching Altenew's 24-hour classes and working in my craft room finishing my classes I had signed up in September.

The Paper Cut had a Virtual 4 class bundle that I decided to try. I like when I have to do the things as some people had this slogan doesn't have to be perfect since it's handmade but to me that is wrong. Just because it's handmade you shouldn't do your best, just because it's not Hallmark doesn't mean your recipient doesn't deserve the best from you. When things are done for you and you don't have the supplies to redo you're stuck with the bad job unless you substitute but sometimes papers don't match or you just don't have supplies to substitute anyway

This first class silhouettes & backgrounds consisted on supplies for 4 cards and a clear stamp set by Rubbernecket which we used to make the cards. It also had some extra papers in case we wanted to use other colors or didn't have the colors and some extra watercolor papers.

I started with the easiest card, the one that was no stamping and just ink blending. This card came with an A6 scored card base of 80 lb. white cougar but felt it was too thin so I cut it in half mounted one half to a card base of Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock, the top layer also of white cougar it was masked and then used Picket Fence Studios life changing blender brushes and Tim Holtz distress oxide inks wild honey, carved pumpkin and worn lipstick. Before mounting, I added some thin scraps of cardstock just to lift the layer so it wasn’t completely flat white on white. Then added the 3 layers of cone flowers die cuts that came in the kit a discontinued die and for the message picked one that came in pre-stamped or preprinted the kit from the black out words clear stamp set mounted on foam, I would have used another message but was trying to use what came in the kit. I think this is too small for the same of card. Pearls were from my stash since the ones from kit were too big for message...just me


Next card was also blending so pretty easy to do since I have brushes & inks handy for this we had a small piece of one used cougar to blend but instead I used a full size piece of Bristol smooth surface 100 lb. to do my hombre with spun sugar, kitsch flamingo & picked raspberry then stamped silhouette flowers from silhouettes wildflower #2 clear stamp set that came in kit with  with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and added the precut crystal diamond printed glitter cardstock with stitched ovals #1 then glued ribbon from kit around both these two pieces and then mounted to white metallic layer and for the card base it came with an A2 scored card base of so silk…beauty pink which I cut it in half mounted one half to a card base of Recollections 110 lb. white cardstock. For the message I decided to change to something I would use more than the one used on the class, it also came from the kit and added some leftover pink on brush to add color to piece then using scallop oval punch and then using magenta marvel DP glitter cardstock with extra large oval punch matted it and mounted it with foam both punches are by SU; gems were from kit


Next card, another quick and easy doing smoosh technique but this time I used alcohol instead of water only because I grabbed the wrong bottle but it dries quicker other wise no difference in the process. This one came with an A2 scored card base of mojito cocktail metallic which once again cut in half and mounted on a card base of Recollection 110 lb. white cardstock card base, then mounted layer of eclipse black and layer of white lady cocktail metallic. The main panel is 140 lb. cold press watercolor where I did smoosh technique and Tim Holtz distress oxide twisted citron, lucky clover, evergreen bough, mowed lawn & peacock feathers when all dry stamped the silhouette image from silhouettes wildflower #2 clear stamp set that came in the kit with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink and the message went on a piece of white lady cocktail metallic and gems from kit


and the last card was using a clear block to stamp the watercolor but watercolor and I is like water and oil LOL so I had to change the way I did my card, the layer was 110 lb. royal ultra white felt cardstock where I masked the area about the size of the acrylic block and using Altenew watercolor brush markers tropical fiesta set and using purple wine, turquoise & lava rock added the colors when completely dry, did a bit of splatter set aside to dry again then stamped the silhouette image from silhouettes wildflower #2 clear stamp set that came with kit with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink. This card came with with an A2 scored card base of purple rain cocktail metallic which again cut in half and mounted to an A2 Recollection 110 lb. white cardstock card base then mounted layer silver glossy, layer 65 lb. onyx Stardream metallic and the felt cardstock. Then mounted strip of brushed silver mirricard then mounted message which was stamped with VersaFine Clair nocturne ink on a pre-cut 110 lb. Neenah classic Crest Solar white stitched oval that came in kit and finally gems from kit



 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment