Friday, October 20, 2017

Pining for Plaid

I rejoined Paper Pumpkin kits by SU for a while, this month October 2017, not sure for how long but surprisingly this month I got my box on Tuesday night I opened it on Wednesday evening and right away I started working on it. I don't usually see the instructions until I can't think of what to do with the supplies but this time the moment I saw the plaid paper it instantly said to me masculine outdoor cards! Well the first card was of course Christmas since it was an ornament and that was the simplest card I did. I didn't care for the foam the kit it came with as its too thick and it will cost extra to mail. For the most part I don't mind but I try not too. I made 5 cards like this the tree and deer are satin cutouts by May Arts that I got at Impress very long time ago, the message is a stamp by Impress and I used cherry cobbler, not the one that came in the kits as that was a duplicate :0) I cut my base cards in half so I got double of whatever they came


This is the other design I made that night and also made another 5 cards. I added black cardstock to my top layer and banner, the rhinestones weren't in the kit either and the eagle is from the the set wildlife designer cutting dies by Little B, the message was stamped in tuxedo black and is by Savvy Stamps


and yesterday, I finished the other 5 cards I was able to do so far. Another shadow/shaker card (sorry for the blurriness but acetate not easy to photograph). I used ornamental pine SU's set with mossy meadow ink, for the inside I use a background paper of forest and the bear from the wildlife designer cutting die by Little B with a pearl as eye, the message is from SU's hostess set felices fechas. I just used regular foam instead of the foam that came in the kit


I have 4 pieces of plaid paper (2 base cards) all the circles that were in the openings of the shaker cards, some banners and all the sequins that I didn't use in the "shaker cards" and of course I should try and use the set. It was Christmas. If the rest of the kits are like this then it won't be a waste of money LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment