Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter

Wishing you all a very happy Easter. This is the card I made for Bret. I had fun well I always have fun making cards as long as I don't get messy 😊 For this card I used mostly all Pretty Pink Posh Easter release of this year. I really liked this year's release, I don't know if I mention before but his company is local for me. They don't have store front but Impress sells their stuff and I can always order online and I get my order in a day which that is great compare to many companies out there!!

The card has a lot of dimension as I wasn't mailing so didn't have to worry about postage not that I would if I needed to but when is hand-delivered you can do anything 😊 anyway, I stamped my cross from the Easter blessing set with hybrid black licorice ink then colored with alcohol markers then cut my cross with matching die. Then I cut my Happy Easter shaker which is the egg shape. I decided to use both parts the negative and the positive but on the positive I cut off the Happy Easter words so the cross will show. At first I thought of leaving the words but thought it was a little too much. I mounted the cross flat then my egg with foam strips and then the negative part which I had also ran through my stitched rectangle die by The Stamps of Life with double foam to raise the thickness, this part I put acetate as I was going to make it a shaker card but after I finished everything I decided to make it a little more traditional even though crosses and eggs are not a traditional Easter but shaker card definitely was not 😊 so just put the top without adding anything to the inside. After I had it done I liked it but seemed a little plain I know it was a traditional card but still so I cut a some flowers from the same Happy Easter shaker die glue them on the top adding pearls and on the bottom I punched a picket fence strip from Martha Stewart, ran it through the die so it would have the same edge as my layer and then stamped my message with London fog so it would be light rather than sharp black, the message is from Savvy stamps.


I think if I would do this card again I would cut the flower on top and the leave on bottom that are on top of the cross just so the cross was completely clear but otherwise I love how the card turned out as it has both the traditional religious with the modern fun springy egg


We celebrated Easter here and we had full house. This was our table, we had to put two tables together to fit everyone...my sister was bringing some chairs 😊


This was my center piece and you can't tell but it has little Easter bunny lights on 


This was my place setting


a friend send me a link to Pier 1 and love the idea of the napkin folds so instead of using cloth napkins I used Easter napkins and inside each egg I put Easter egg chocolates


For my treats I did little bags with candy corn one of my favorite candies and I used one of the new sets by Pretty Pink Posh bunny friends with tuxedo black ink and the matching die, then cut my grass with Martha Stewart grass edge punch and my Happy Easter stamp by Impress was stamped with broken China and worn lipstick inks. Then put then in one of my Snoopy displays obviously the blue was for the guys and the pink for the girls 




No comments:

Post a Comment