Monday, August 5, 2019

Monoprinting Class Homework 1

Last month I took an online class at Altenew Academy, Monoprinting Made Easy with Sara Naumann. It was a 6 day class. After each class we have "homework" which is to play with we learn I didn't have a Gelli Plate so borrowed one and did the first homework the others haven't done as they stain the Gelli Plate so didn't want to stain my friend's Gelli Plate and even though it was a messy thing I did enjoyed even though I had to use disposable gloves but something don't mind doing not sure if I would deal with a staining plate so waiting for my Gelli press to arrive and see LOL in the mean time this is what I did with my first day. Cards to come later

For all of them I used Altenew Crisp dye inks and I used regular cardstock not typing paper. For the first one I used midnight violet, deep iris & lavender fields the first thing I grab was the cat's water spritzer so not the best results as you have no control on the size of water mist but not bad either


For this one I used deep iris, eastern sky, parrot, orange cream, heart beat & fresh lemon for this I used a mini spritzer that has some sort of shimmer inside not plain water so it gave a shimmer to the paper along with the water I had to add


For this one I over water the Gelli Plate which was supposed be used as ink pad, it still worked as one but my negative images didn't show as much and I used the wrong set as technically I was supposed to use a set that had layer images an outline and background did get the background but didn't have an outline but used the image that was the fullest. I used the same colors as the first one midnight violet, deep iris & lavender fields. I used midnight violet for the top image. The leaves were from build-a-flower rose set also by Altenew


On this piece is where the leaves were stamped off because there was not enough images to fill the piece I used lavender fields ink to stamped the 3rd image and midnight violet to stamp the top image


No comments:

Post a Comment